Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Wind and Water


On May 25th, 2008, close by where I live was hit with an F5 Tornado.


Then came the floods in June that hit all areas of Iowa.

I am personally amazed and grateful that I somehow escaped water damage. In the midst of this tragedy there are broken homes and broken hearts.

There are also many HEROES! Many people adopted effected families and pets temporarily.

Until FEMA set up boundries and curfews people were also rescuing pets and belongings for their neighbors.

The entire community was involved with sandbagging, transporting people, pets and belongings of residents and businesses.





This is a photo of water trying to make it's way to my home.



This is the rear parking lot of the apartment building I live in. (by the way, the creek behind the parking lot us typically about 14 feet lower.)



This park is about 1.5 miles from my home. As you can see the park house is almost submerged. I took these pics about 14 hours before the river crested.

My community is slowly recovering.

Anyway, everywhere I turn I see Heroes!

Sky

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like your posts so much, Miss Sky, I am now going to subscribe to this. Keep up the good work!

Be aware, I will comment on every post of yours!

Lars Arde`nt