Friday, July 4, 2008

Today It Rained Champagne


Yesterday someone I used to work with asked to have a private conversation with me. The only private area was outside so there we went. She said she was giving me a prestigious honor. She said she was inviting me to be a member of a club called 'The Champagne Club'. She further explained that she and a friend founded the club years ago. The idea is:

1. When you find someone that has had an positive effect on your life or who has helped you change the course of your life for the better, present them with a gift.

2. The gift has to pertain to the giver. Something the giver has a passion for.

3. Invite them to be a member of the club, to pass on the honor.


My co-worker gave me a champagne diamond ring. Rings are her passion. She told me I have touched her life in ways I would never know. This caught me a bit off guard because I had no clue. She has touched many peoples hearts including my own. Since she presented me with the ring I have been thinking hard on the many people who have touched my life in profound ways. I will pass on this honor many times. Today, my ex co-worker is my hero. Sky

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful blog.

Thank you Sky for honoring us heroes!

Anonymous said...

jethro is right, this is a great site, keep on honoring us, sky! thanks.

Anonymous said...

This blog is coming along wonderfully. I think that you have a wonderful friend for honoring you that way.. Keep up the great work,
~Kathy :)

Anonymous said...

Miss Sky, why do Jethro and Anonymous think you're talking about them.

Anybody who thinks of themselves as heroes, are definitely not heroes!

You can only be considered a hero when someone else decides you're a hero!

Lars Arde`nt

Sky said...

If they are breathing they are Heroes!
Sky